I am an amateur musician; I play the mandolin, guitar, violin
and recorder. Here are some of the musical organizations in which
I have taken part:
Bluegrass Folklore Society, Oshawa, Ontario - active since
Region Folk Circle, Pickering, Ontario
Society of Peterborough, Ontario
- Corktown Fiddlers, practice Friday afternoons,
play out occasionally in Cobourg.
- Friday afternoon, Tuesday evening jam at the
Adult Association Beech Centre.
- Ganaraska Fiddle Jam, formerly at the Jailhouse
Tavern and Inn, then at the Winchester Arms in Port Hope,
now at CopperWorks in Bowmanville, fourth Sundays, 1-4 pm
- Brooklin Celtic Jam, upstairs at the Legion,
Fridays at 7:30 pm.
Watson and the Crown Royals, Tuesdays
at 8 p.m. at the Puck 'n'Pint, Peterborough, Ontario (still
going, but without me now)
- Downeyville Music Circle, occasional Thursday
evenings (currently suspended)
- Friday Celtic Sessions at the Village Inn,
Bowmanville, Ontario (cancelled after eight years)
- Celtic Fiddle Jam at the Cat and Fiddle, Lindsay,
Ontario. Alternate Mondays at 7:00 p.m. (all done now)
- Rosewood Bluegrass
Band (sadly disbanded after five years)
- Peterborough Celtic Jam, 1st Sunday afternoon
of each month at the Black Horse Pub (homeless after 17 years)
Kitchen Party Jams - Saturday afternoons at various pubs
and restaurants in Kawartha Lakes, Durham and York regions.
(Sadly disanded after the death of its organizer, Gerry Mitchell)