I am an amateur musician; I play the mandolin, guitar, violin
and recorder. Here are some of the musical organizations in which
I have taken part:
Bluegrass Folklore Society, Oshawa, Ontario - active since
Region Folk Circle, Pickering, Ontario. See the website.
Society of Peterborough, Ontario. Mando-magnificent!
- Corktown Fiddlers, practice Friday afternoons,
play out occasionally in Cobourg and Port Hope.
- Friday afternoon (open), Tuesday evening (acoustic)
jam at the Bowmanville
Older Adult Association Beech Centre.
- Ganaraska Fiddle Jam, formerly at the Jailhouse
Tavern and Inn, then at the Winchester Arms in Port Hope,
then at CopperWorks in Bowmanville, now moved to The Snug in
Newcastle fourth Sundays, 2-5 pm
- Brooklin Celtic Jam, upstairs at the Legion,
Fridays at 7:30 pm.
- Bread-Free Brewery acoustic jam, Peterborough, 2nd and 4th
Sundays. Mostly singing with instrumental breaks, various genres
Watson and the Crown Royals, Tuesdays
at 8 p.m. at the Puck 'n'Pint, Peterborough, Ontario (still
going, but without me now)
- Downeyville Music Circle, occasional Thursday
evenings (currently suspended)
- Friday Celtic Sessions at the Village Inn,
Bowmanville, Ontario (cancelled after eight years)
- Celtic Fiddle Jam at the Cat and Fiddle, Lindsay,
Ontario. Alternate Mondays at 7:00 p.m. (all done now)
- Rosewood Bluegrass
Band (sadly disbanded after five years)
- Peterborough Celtic Jam, 1st Sunday afternoon
of each month at the Black Horse Pub (homeless after 17 years)
Kitchen Party Jams - Saturday afternoons at various pubs
and restaurants in Kawartha Lakes, Durham and York regions.
(Sadly disanded after the death of its organizer, Gerry Mitchell)